What are the Best Ways to Outsource Content Creation?
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Outsourcing content writing is the cheat code to a flourishing online presence. Not just that, it is a simple way to ensure that the content you’re putting out on a website, newsletter, or even through social media follows best practices and allows your business to grow. Moreover, it is a far cheaper alternative to building a whole in-house content creation team.
But it can seem daunting to get started. Here is how you can outsource content creation and help your business thrive.
1. Establish some goals
The most important part of any plan is to establish the goals. They serve as the basis for the entire operation. However, in terms of hiring a content writer, it is essential to know precisely what you want the writer to be an expert in.
Some fundamental objectives to establish when outsourcing content writing may include the following:
- Number of articles to be posted per month
- The average length of each article
- Kinds of content required (blog posts, articles, web copies, etc)
- Purpose of the defined content format
You can look around, talk to different content writing agencies, and establish objectives for the type of content and writers you need for your business.
2. Test out different writers
We mentioned talking to different writers to build your content objectives and goals. But how exactly do you find professional writers that can match your requirements? Here are a few ways to find a writer you can outsource content creation to.
- Online platforms: Upwork, Fiverr, and WrittenlyHub’s WHub are some of the best content platforms to scout freelance writers who can completely fulfill your high quality content needs.
- Freelancing sites: Explore groups on Facebook and LinkedIn for your content writing needs. These sites ensure excellent credibility too!
- Specialized websites: These websites connect clients with writers who specialize in specific kinds of content creation. Some of these websites include Acadium, Crowd Content, and Text Workers.
3. Outline the most essential points
It is wise to define the things you, as the business owner or content strategist, wish to see in a writer for the company.
Here are some basic screening pointers to note when looking to outsource content creation:
- Enquire about the type of content they have previously delivered
- Find out if they have experience with a brand like yours
- Ask them for a portfolio of previous work
- Understand their working process and deadlines
In addition to this, ask the writer to provide you with a sample. However, ensure that the brief for this sample comes from you. You need to be able to use this sample later. After all, it is useless to test a writer on a no-pressure task. And most importantly, pay them for the sample!
4. Define a price range and ask for quotes
A writer’s rates generally include a mix of services related to the primary task of writing. This includes:
- The time taken to complete the task
- Any research or additional resources they may have used to work on the task
- Proofreading and editing
Do your research and compare prices before choosing to outsource content creation. On average, a content writer demands between USD 0.02 and USD 1 per word. However, these rates depend on the quality of work an individual is able to produce. In order to obtain a sense of the writer’s style and quality, request examples of their work.
5. Create a feedback loop
Feedback is one of the most crucial aspects when you outsource content creation. It is essential for producing content that aligns with the expectations of the business. Also, it ensures that the writer in question isn’t left in the dark with regard to the requirements. A well-defined feedback loop also ensures that the company does not have to bear expensive consequences later due to a drop in quality.
Regular feedback sessions are also important when it comes to maintaining transparency with the content writer. Most importantly, these sessions allow you to convey any required changes directly to the writer. It is best not to make these changes yourself. Instead, mention them to the writer directly so they consistently implement these details in future content pieces.
The whole process of outsourcing starts with establishing goals that define what kind of content you wish to put out and at what intervals. However, not every writer fits every role. Hence, it is crucial to test a few different writers and obtain samples before settling on one.
Most importantly, outsourcing makes the content creation process cost-effective. Therefore, setting a budget is crucial. Moreover, establish a feedback loop to guarantee well-aligned, high-quality content that fully represents the brand persona.
The content writing services by WrittenlyHub ensure that you can outsource your content creation requirements in an efficient way.