Top B2B Marketing Challenges: Overview & How to Overcome Them
Last Updated on:12-05-23
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
The B2B industry is constantly adapting to technological advancements, increased buyer awareness, and the need for tailored campaigns to entice prospects. Yet, there seems to be an impact on the overall revenue.
The lack of promising revenue can be primarily credited to multiple B2B marketing challenges plaguing the industry. Here’s a look into the top 4 challenges B2B marketers face and how to get around them.
The Persisting B2B Marketing Challenges
If your marketing strategy is not performing according to expectations or analysis, chances are you might possess some outdated elements. The B2B market is constantly shifting to accommodate the needs of its target audience, and by being aware of these challenges, marketing issues in B2B can be better managed.
That said, here are some of the top B2B marketing problems, along with some solutions to help your brand gain a firm footing in the competitive B2B market:
Absence of a Digital-First Experience
Did you know that a whopping 43% of B2B revenue is amassed from e-commerce and video conferencing channels?
B2B digital marketing is a core element of the modern age. Gone are the days when the audience waited to contact the sales team or entertained face-to-face marketing or sales attempts. In the era of limited patience caused due to an unlimited data repository called the internet, relying on traditional marketing efforts can be akin to shooting yourself in the foot.
Potential buyers want immediate access to relevant resources to clear their queries. Even if you have a digital presence, it is vital to optimise and ensure a smooth journey for users since your company’s digital experience speaks volumes about your brand and can increase the likelihood of prospects entering the sales funnel.
Some elements that add to an unpleasant digital experience are as follows:
- Broken links
- A slow-loading website with immense clutter
- Poor connectivity between website pages
- Outdated content
- Optimise webpages for a uniform experience across desktop and mobile devices
- Switch to a better server to ensure all the pages load in approximately 3 seconds.
- Practice smart internal linking to warrant every webpage is easily accessible
- Update website elements to rank higher on SERPs
Lack of Technological Integrations
The advent of customer relationship management (CRM) software and similar tools have eased the work of marketing teams. If your business lacks these tools, you might be relying on increased manual efforts to track your marketing strategies and maintain your database with the correct information.
However, manual tracking isn’t a viable method in the long run since it becomes obsolete as soon as you start working with a large dataset. Enabling B2B marketing automation lets you take advantage of features like real-time inventory and order history for each individual and even gives you the opportunity to personalise offers and promotions.
Overall, B2B marketing challenges can be combatted using technological integrations to align closely with each stage of the buyer journey and support omnichannel experiences for the prospects.
- Connect CRM software with content management software to streamline tracking of social media, website and analytics.
- Leverage existing features to create custom reports and analytics to track outreach efforts better.
Difficulty in Personalisation
Account-based marketing (ABM) has emerged as a trusted method to generate qualified leads and increase conversions.
However, the biggest hurdle with ABM is the need to narrow down prospective buyers and commit to a tailored outreach effort. It requires a comprehensive database amassed from several reliable sources, in addition to extensive market research, to ensure minimal bounce rates.
Plus, the initial campaigns of ABM have to be experimental in nature to gauge market response, making it a time-consuming process.
- Choose an existing data vendor to acquire a database pertaining to your target audience
- Use a consolidated platform to collate the preferences of users who engage with your brand
- Rely on gated B2B content targeting relevant industry topics to acquire information about users falling in the purview of your buyer personas.
- Combine the findings of the marketing and sales teams to get more insights into the target audience.
Dynamic Changes in Audience Behaviour
Key decision makers from core B2B industries are no longer satisfied with generalised pitches that enunciate the features of your products or services. The focus is on receiving personalised pitches that mention the product’s benefits and the solutions for the buyer. Modern-day B2B buyers are more involved in marketing and expect the brands to ensure a personalised experience.
However, buyer preferences can shift according to market trends and interfere with seamless lead generation. As such, it can be difficult to figure out what drives the market at a certain point, making it arduous to adopt a specific strategy to deal with B2B marketing challenges.
- Proactive market research to identify trends and happenings in the B2B industry
- Usage of tools like Google Trends or other software to help ease the transition in audience behaviour
- Adapting according to the shift in buyers’ behaviour to stay relevant in the market
Undoubtedly, the B2B market is on the cusp of significant change as a cultural change awaits the industry. Technology promises to be a driving factor in this shift as operations and audience interactions become increasingly digital in nature.
It is vital to combat the B2B digital marketing challenges to avoid getting overshadowed by the competition in the market. Simultaneously, you must ensure that your brand checks all the relevant boxes in terms of maintaining a seamless digital experience, defining KPIs, and maximising technological integrations for a more streamlined workflow.
Overcome all the B2B marketing challenges with top-notch digital marketing services from WrittenlyHub. Sit back, relax, and delegate your requirements to our team of experienced digital marketing specialists.
WrittenlyHub prides itself on ensuring a special emphasis on amplifying your content marketing efforts. Our content services are tailored to custom fit your requirements, as we focus on creating compelling content to improve your organic reach and conversions.
Why not try our content marketing services and find out for yourself?
People Also Ask
1. What are some typical B2B challenges?
- Optimising user experience on websites
- Cultivating a relationship with the prospects during a long sales cycle
- Seamless technological integrations
- Measuring ROI from marketing campaigns
2. How do you handle B2B marketing?
The primary step is to define a target audience and decide the goal of your marketing campaign. Based on these inputs, you can send relevant messaging to users and learn when and how to modify your campaign.
3. What is the most challenging part of B2B sales?
The most complex part of B2B sales can be to convince the prospects to listen to the pitch. It is vital to keep the pitch personalised, short, and relevant to maintain their interest and compel them to ask questions.