How to Increase Organic Traffic on Website?
Author: Team WH
Published On: 05-05-23
Last Updated on: 12-05-23
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
Websites today are competing fiercely to improve search rankings and traffic volume. Unsurprisingly, this competition has also led to firms investing vast amounts in paid ads and promotions. So does this mean the age of organic traffic is now gone? Not at all! All you need is a comprehensive guide on how to increase organic traffic on website by ranking on the first page of search engine results pages.
If you’re interested in increasing your website’s organic reach without burning a hole in your pockets, read on to find the best techniques that can help you achieve more organic website traffic.
What is Organic Traffic?
In basic terms, organic traffic denotes visitors who arrive at your website after entering keywords on a search engine. The catch is that they are on your site purely because it is displayed on the search results, not owing to paid influencing ads.
Let’s try and understand with a real-world example. Assume you are planning to buy a pair of office shoes. How do you find out the best places to buy them?
You can know about leading shoe sellers by browsing TV ads or billboards on the road. Apart from that, you can ask your friends and the locals about the best shoe outlets around.
In the above context, the TV ads and the billboards are the paid ads that promote the product rigorously. On the other hand, the shoe seller you came across while enquiring around is an excellent example of organic results. You would have singled out an option based on its level of recommendation from people.
Similarly, your site’s ranking on the search engine results page is crucial in users’ decision to visit it. According to statistics, the initial 5 organic results often account for more than 67% of all clicks. Evidently, competing for the top spot sure looks like a tricky business.
Nonetheless, why is it that you must still prioritise organic website traffic and focus on search engine optimisation? Are there any benefits to trying to generate organic traffic despite the seemingly challenging competition?
Benefits of Attracting Organic Traffic to Website
Driving traffic to your site through organic methods offers several benefits for your digital marketing strategy. Besides scalability, some of the other benefits of unpaid traffic include the following:
- Cost-effectiveness: Targeting organic traffic will cost you technically nothing. Instead, your site’s high-quality content and search engine optimisation (SEO) are the primary key factors.
- Sustainability: Even if you stop working on your site for an extended period, it can still generate traffic. This benefit is subject to your site’s relevance and content quality.
- Increased brand awareness: Since visitors find your site through their intent on search engines, organic traffic significantly improves your brand awareness and recognition.
- Enhances your website’s reach: Paid ads usually target specific regions or audiences, unlike organic traffic. People globally can find your page or search results and make a visit based on their intent.
- Higher chances of conversion: Since audiences usually visit your site with a specific intent, there are higher chances of conversion.
- Build customer trust: Higher organic traffic indicates a better site positioning on SERP. This ranking tremendously builds customer trust.
Having established the several benefits of organic traffic, let us now explore how to increase organic traffic on website.
The Best Ways to Increase Organic Traffic
A high volume of organic traffic can improve your website’s growth and brand relevance in the long run.
So, without further ado, let’s jump into the best ways to increase organic traffic.
- On-page SEO: Rather than spending massive amounts on multiple paid ads, channel your efforts toward making your site search engine friendly. Ensure you use the right long tail keywords and optimise your website for various on-page SEO factors.
- Increase your social media presence: Social media channels like LinkedIn are among the most popular user platforms available online. Social media can significantly supplement any efforts to increase your organic traffic.
- Work on your site design: Ensure your webpage is user-friendly and clearly guides users about the next steps.
- Title and Meta Description: Since these elements are the first ones to be scanned by search engines, ensure they include relevant keywords and phrases.
- Try being more specific: This means tailoring content as per buyers’ journey without beating around the bush.
- Backlinking: Building high-quality backlinks from trustworthy websites can tremendously enhance your website’s domain authority.
- Optimise for local searches: If you aim to increase your presence in your local area, ensure you optimise your site as per local SEO best practices.
- High-quality content: Create great content that offers users high value for the time they spend on your site.
- Internal Linking: Redirect your users to other essential pages on your website via internal links. This linking strategy can also help increase your SEO score.
Increasing Organic Traffic: Steps to Get the Results You Desire
Implementing the following measures can help you grow the organic traffic to your website, even if you are someone starting from scratch.
- Take small steps: Start working initially on executing one or two organic marketing strategies and enhancing those, instead of trying many things at once.
- Employ tools that make your job easier: With a plethora of both free and paid SEO tools available online, use these to analyse your website and check progress. Some of the helpful tools are Ahrefs, SEMRush, Google Trends, etc.
- Learn from industry experts: You can do this by subscribing to their YouTube channels or staying updated with their posts on their social media pages.
- Consider outsourcing: If you want to focus wholly on running your business yet not miss the benefits of organic marketing, consider collaborating with an agency.
Besides these steps, remember that building organic traffic can be a gradual process at times. This means that you must work patiently and consistently on optimising your content to get the leads you deserve.
Creating content is a competitive game in today’s world! Sometimes, even the best websites can take time before they slowly become relevant to search engines. But given the immense benefits of organic traffic, it is necessary to up your content game consistently to reap maximum benefits. This is also why it is crucial to know how to increase organic traffic on website.
If you need professional assistance to improve your organic traffic and lead generation, WrittenlyHub is here to help. We provide the best content writing services to provide your business with the spotlight you desire. Our expert writers meticulously understand your requirements to deliver high-quality blog posts, website content, guest posts, social media content, and more to support your organic traffic growth.
You can focus completely on your business while we help your website stand out on the internet.
Yes, you can run both strategies simultaneously while maintaining a balance. The best marketing strategies include a combination of both. However, deciding your strategy based on your budget and time frame is recommended.
While there is no one answer to this, the time before you see results usually depends on the niche, content quality, and strength of the competition. It is advised to keep working on SEO and improving your social media presence to start seeing more leads.
You can stay updated with the latest happenings by subscribing to prominent industry publications or using SEO analysis resources. You can also follow the WrittenlyHub Industry Updates blog section to stay tuned with all the latest SEO trends.